Saturday, June 28, 2008

Tommy, This Was For You

OK. I'm not happy the Mets lost, but it was kind of ironic that the Mets were playing the Yankees on June 28.

Four years ago, June 28, 2004 at around 3:30 p.m., I lost a good friend, a rival sports fan (he loved the Yankees, me, the Mets) and a true beacon in my life, My Uncle Tommy.

He was a Yankee fan as a kid and even saw Babe Ruth play. But, he's not with us anymore. We would have been going back and forth about the teams if we watched these subway series together...Well, Tommy, I miss ya big time, but your team got the win, congrats. I hope you watched the game with your Yankee Idols in the sky.

That win was for you Tommy. It's a big sacrifice for me to say that, but you gave a lot out of your life to me and this is your "W"

Love,

Paul

No comments: