Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Mariners Sink Mets

This loss was on par to the Titanic, General Slocum and the Sultana as far as sinking goes. 11-0 loss to the lowly Mariners.

I'm too sick to even include the box score. What if one day, long after we are all gone, archivists look for it. I don't want to be cited or associated with a loss such as this.

Mets need to hire a movie director who can go up and down the 25 man roster and yell "CUT!!! CUT!!!" Hope they point to Delgado, Heilman, and, oh, yes, a new fave, Ollie Perez. I am afraid to fathom how many losses their combined stats and efforts put the Mets in this quicksand.

I'm still a fan. I survived the badball of the 90s. I have missed only about 5 games on TV (traveling internationally) since 2006...Will Shawn Green come out of retirement? Will the Mets have a new first baseman next year?

I am slated to go to 2 of the 4 subway series games this coming weekend. Just hope I get a chance to use my lungs in a positive way.

No comments: