Thursday, June 05, 2008

Shopping List...Outfielders - Future Mets

Anyone who knows me know I am a big fan of Diamondbacks outfielder, Eric Byrnes. Partly because of his irreverent wit he displays on The Best Damn Sports Show Period and also for the way he hustles at bat, on the base paths, in the field. He reminds me of the Charlie Hustle and the Brett Butlers of the world.

He would bring a big lift to the club house. Take a look at what his manager said:

He beat me to the park today," manager Bob Melvin said. "He's running around like a chicken with his head cut off, trying to create as much of a stir as he can. He can't sit still. He's in the clubhouse. I'm sure he's on the concourse running around during a game."

There are some Mets who are on the current roster, plus a few on the farm that would be perfect to package and send.

Well, the game against the Padres just started, so I am going to retire from the blog scene tonight and root for the Metropolitans.

No comments: