Sunday, July 27, 2008

Johan - Simply Complete

So, today I was one of a couple of thousand people in the seats at Shea and all I have to say is if you weren't there today, you missed a thriller.

Santana was just perfect. Had a no-no going for several innings despite few strikeouts. Every player on the team came out of the game with a hit and the starting 9 was the finishing 9.

Box Score

Tatis kept whacking the ball. Santana delivered two hits, had an RBI and the first complete game of the year for the Mets. Complete games are rare. In fact, I think this is the first one I have been to in....well, since Hector Was a Pup.

And, the WOW play of the game was Beltran's amazing catch robbing the Cardinals of a Home Run.

Check out this story...

Glad I was there...it was a game for the ages.

No comments: