Saturday, June 13, 2009

This Crazy Game Called Baseball

Logic.

Throw it out the window, and when it lands on the street, pounce up and down on it like there is no tomorrow.

Who would have ever thought that a Houston Astros castoff in Spring training would tame the Yankees and keep them at bay? Even the folks who are addicted to picking longshots would have hopped off that bet if you GAVE it to them.

Nevertheless, Fernando Nieve, another in the long line of Mets obscure fill-ins made us believers. Held Jeter, A-Rod and co to a mere four hits, and conversely, the Flushing Ferocious Mets clubbed 17 hits...count em...thats a lot...about doubled their average.

One thing that kind of irked me watching the game on TV there wasn't any loud cheering. I mean, this is a bigger rivalry than Coke and Pepsi....than Vanilla vs. Chocolate, Scuffy vs. Pinebrook. Surely the fans could have risen to the occasion. Maybe I'm just to passionate about baseball. (I hope I'm judged that way by my peers and enemies). If that's the case, then I am going to be making some noise at the ballpark...Cheer the team on peeps, we need to rally and get over the Castro Catastrophe.

Tomorrow, we are gonna get ya A.J. Burnett....WATCH OUT!

No comments: