Monday, June 29, 2009

Gotta Be A Diehard Fan No Matter What

Over the last few weeks, my fellow fans have been (MYSELF INCLUDED) second-guessing rather than second-basing.

Tonight's game was just another in throwing the hands (and stomach contents) up in futility. There was a glimmer of hope in the 9th with 5 straight hits, but it never materialized. I got bit psyched when they had to resort to Trevor Hoffman. Don't think I am a Hoffman "fan" - it amused me that he had to get ready in a jiffy. Going from a 10-3 lead to 10-6...End result was egg on the face. 1 Pitch. 1 Double Play. 1 Game Ending. 1 Fan (me / you) coming back again tomorrow to watch.

Notes...This is a one liner, but what the hell were the Mets thinking letting Mark DeRosa slip away? He's a good lunchpail player. Cardinals got him for a song - like 2 notes.

SEE - I do have more than 1 reader!....A good friend of mine posted a comment about the loss yesterday..."I'm for taking up a collection: We need to get Jerry Manuel: a Berlitz guide to English, and a truck load of ACTIVIA (win or lose) just to get through a postgame without freaking my ears out."We need to catch somebody on a bad day..." WTF?

See Ya At The Ball Park

No comments: