Sunday, August 27, 2006

Flip-Flop? Eat Crow? Observations on Saturday's Game vs. The Phillies

Early on in this blog I was extremely critical of the Xavier Nady trade...During Saturday's game, I thought I was about to reverse my decision, and get ready to dine on crow.

Oliver Perez http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=6945 pitched somewhat remarkably dropping a few donuts on the scoreboard : August 26- MLB - Box Score - Phillies at Mets. Here I am thinking, WHOA! This is spectacular - the inevitable - he served up a gopherball with the bases juiced. Well, the good news is besides thinking he was great, then not, then great, then not, I could see why he was 2-10 before coming to NY. Plus, he had 95 pitches in 5 innings. A stat posted on the screen stated he had the highest # of pitches per nine innings in the majors.

Ever see a wheel fall off a wagon?

Well, the Mets wound up with a win and that's what counts.


Rainout Interesting Tidbits...Chris Coste on the Phillies is the author of two books:
Hey...I'm Just the Catcher - 1997 and RollerCoster - 2007 http://www.chriscoste.com/author.html ...he was a 33 year old rookie...Only 4 players have played for both the Yankees and the Mets as their only teams. Can you name them> Let's see some replies before I post the answer...

No comments: