Thursday, August 17, 2006

3 Losses to the Phillies - OH MAN

I haven't been able to post in the last few days. Not because of lack of access to a computer, but rather due to the fact that I couldn't stomach anything to say. 3 Losses to the Phillies.

Wanna know what this feels like?*

  • losing an eBay auction at the last second
  • consistently getting picked LAST for a schoolyard kickball game
  • your best friend mis-pronouncing your name
  • finding out your childhood movie / sports idols are now serving life sentences
  • being a Devil Rays fan

*none of these EVER happened to me. I'm just drawing examples.

The lead is NEVER comfortable, even being 11, 12, 13, 14 games ahead. Erosion is the worst thing to happen to a team in this position.

Well, as I write this the Mets are playing a day game and have a lead...YES! a Lead! Atta boys! Let's keep that up.

I'll see you at the World Series!

No comments: