Tuesday, January 06, 2009

The title of this article gives me the creeps....

A story by the Associated Press carries this headline: "Mets to meet with Boras about Lowe, Perez."

Dealing with Boras is like going to a used car dealer looking for a $100 clunker and then being sold a clunker for six figures. (With Boras, its multiple-millions).

If I were a ballplayer, I'd want a guy like that for my agent..."get it - as much as you can - 'tude"
but as a fan, I resent paying extra high prices to watch overvalued players. Now, the jury is still out on Lowe and Perez whether they will be wearing pinstripes, but Minaya better take a page from Billy Beane's book and set the value - and walk if its overpriced.

Who wants to pay for a Yugo with Cadillac dollars.

On another note, Omar was named as a member of the President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports through May 2010. Good thing the guy who signed Mo Vaughn wasn't appointed.

No comments: