Friday, January 19, 2007

Well - I guess the air is outta the tires on Clemens...

A few days ago, I don't know what happened (OK, this is my way looking for a graceful excuse out - a la' the Japanese trying to save face)...But, for some reason, I concocted a strange notion that I wanted Roger Clemens on the Mets (still do).

According to http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article_perspectives.jsp?ymd=20070115&content_id=1779653&vkey=perspectives&fext=.jsp it looks like the 'Stros, Pinstripers and Red Hose have the best shot. And that's fine.

I just want to see some real action this winter by Minaya. Signing marginal players with SillyString arms isn't going to cut it.

So, I take it upon myself to issue a challenge to all my MLB Professional Ball Players who read this blog religiously (are there any???) to take it upon yourself and (in the vein of Shakespeare) - "Get Thee To a Mets Contract" if not - a nunnery awaits thee.

Blabberings...How ironic is it that today, the Mets announce that minor league tix go on sale and when I woke up, there was a coating of snow? After seeing that white poison covering my car and sidewalk, I immediately placed an order....It's getting late now and I am trying to stay awake - ah, forget it. I'm gonna pull a Casey Stengel (circa 1962 5th inning) and fall asleep...My dreams will be 40 Mets spilling champagne and seeing a calendar that says October 2007...

No comments: