Sunday, June 24, 2007

Lo Duca Goes Postal

So, it's an 0-1 count and through the years, we saw many of these. But, for some reason, when the next pitch came, and it was close, our beloved Mets dish protector just snapped with the umpire's call.

Now, I love baseball more than the next folk, but let's face it, (and I hope to be proved wrong) behavior like that set a bad example. Lo Duca actually had rage in his eyes. For a freakin' strike mind you. I could see him being justified if it was a blatant call at the plate which gives the opposition the advantage.

For some reason, if you have the name Paul, and play for a New York team, you are entitled to go postal when there is a call that goes the wrong way. The other Paul I am referring to is the one who brought fear and destruction to the watercooler when he struck out - Paul O'Neill.

Well, I have to say, I have Lo Duca on my fantasy team -- and I just KNOW he's going to get a suspension. Now, the key is, who do I pick up in his absence?

No comments: