Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Lasting's Impression

Ever since Lastings Milledge came up, the jury (ME) has been out on whether he is legit, a flash in the pan or a real life urban legend (think, David Clyde, Joe Charbonneau, Mark "The Bird" Fydrich, etc).

I have flipflopped on his ability so many times that even John Kerry told me to "Make up your mind."

I am reminded a bit of Neon Deion Sanders when he first came up. Tons of raw talent, a good athlete, may be rushed and lacking a few of the fundamentals, and, needs to learn the grind of day-in-day-out baseball.

Here's what I propose (and I know you are reading this Omar Minaya)...Give him until the trade deadline, if his numbers are not solid, take my advice for the following:

Lastings Milledge + Mike Pelfrey = Ken Griffey Jr. Surely, he would be better in the OF than Moises Alou.

Speaking of Moises, he better part the red sea and arrive on the dugout bench else this commandment should read:


Thou shall not have dead wood on thy roster.

Am I done pontificating? Yeah.

Play Ball!!!

No comments: